Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Photo of the Day: Chinese Movie Set

Zhenbeibao Film Studio in Ningxia. Called the "East Hollywood," several famous Chinese movies have been set here, including one of my favorites- "To Live". Besides all the abandoned sets, props were laid out as well, so the girls and I acted out a great battle scene with fake swords and shields. There was also a live monkey there; I'm not really sure what its purpose was other than to pose for pictures. I got too close and it almost bit me.

Interestingly enough, while searching for the name of this studio I came across a post on TravelChinaGuide.com by a person that followed the same itinerary as we did on our National Holiday. So for anyone interested in what I did my first day of this Holiday trip I keep talking about, this post gives you a very good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails