Sunday, March 22, 2009

Photo of the Day: Off Guard


Note: no photo yesterday because I was too busy transferring every post from my old blog to this one. After all that hard work, I decided to let my readership see my face for once!

My best friend Leanna snapped this picture of me while we were in the Helan Mountains, in Yinchuan, which is in the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. We were surrounded by rocks that reached into the clouds, as well as some with early-civilization-era carvings on them. A lot of them sported discolored streaks, showing the effects of erosion over the many thousands of years.

Supposedly, if you stepped onto this particular rock, you would become pregnant. I can safely report that none of us ended up in such a predicament. Especially not the men.

[This one looks less focused than the others because I stole it one off Leanna's camera and it didn't respond so well to being scaled down.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails