Monday, April 6, 2009

Photo of the Day: Monastery in the Mountains (two for one!)

Thought I'd make today a double hitter since I missed posting yesterday.

These candles were kept inside a desk-like container (as seen below) at the Tibetan monastery we visited in Inner Mongolia. Getting this picture involved multiple tries because the camera had to be in such close proximity to the flames; I kept wimping out and pulling my hand away.

The view from the steps of the monastery onto the mountains. The view of the monastery itself was POTD on Jan 29. I loved it there because of the slightly higher elevation; the air felt crisp and clean and the overall atmosphere of the monastery was very relaxing. I started feeling very pensive and waxing philosophic. Cheesy but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails