Friday, January 29, 2010

The Office

[Well, almost. We were in 21, this is (obviously) building 20. However, everyone rode into work, so there were a lot of bicycles around anyway.]

In August of 2009 I started working for some friends who had founded their own start-up; of the many reasons why this new job was awesome and rocked (working with friends, working with iPhones...), the office was definitely one of them:

A renovated first-floor lanehouse in the heart of the French Concession, located in this cozy little alley in a cozy little neighborhood. Nepali Kitchen was directly across the street and Cantina Agave was only a block away (!). Lunch time was always the best time, with all the choices surrounding us.

Also, the walk to the office was pretty cool:

To the normal person, it was about five blocks and took about 20 minutes to walk. But to me, having just turned 20, it was the biggest ego trip: every morning and every evening, I would swing on my laptop bag, pop in my headphones, and walk (or, in my mind, 'commute') from my full-time job (ooo) to my kick-ass apartment (oooo), in the heart of one of the greatest metropolises in the world.

You better believe I walked the streets like I owned those bad boys, cause I felt awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails